- License to operate the school was approved in 1996 by the Ministry of Education Malaysia to Effective Energy Sdn. Bhd. (EESB), a private company incorporated with the Registrar of Companies Malaysia.
- The International School of Kuantan opened on the ground floor of two units of shop lots at A33, Jalan Tanjung Api, Padang Lalang, Kuantan, Pahang, Malaysia.
- Initial student body of sixteen students in grades seven through twelve. Four teachers were hired with three being expatriates.
- The first graduating class in June 1999 included three graduates who have all continued their education at the International Islamic University in Malaysia.
- The school became a candidate for accreditation by the Accrediting Commission for Schools, Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACS WASC)
The school was granted accreditation by the Accrediting Commission for Schools, Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACS WASC)
- The school recorded a 50% in enrollment and the school expanded to 50 students due to a 40% quota granted by the government to all international schools to allow enrollment of Malaysian students
- Land was acquired to build a new campus for the school in order to be able to accommodate the growing student body
- Effective 1st July 2012, the 40% quota for Malaysian students allowed to enroll into international schools was lifted by the Malaysian Government.
- Enrollment at ISK increased by 40% to a total of 79 students for school year 2012/2013.
- Faculty was increased by 50% to accommodate the growing student body.
- Completion of school design plan to begin construction of the new campus.
- Construction of the new campus began
In January, the school moved to a beautiful, new, purpose-built facility at Bandar Indera Mahkota, Kuantan, Pahang MALAYSIA